Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. The Cabinet approves the proposed Tenancy Agreement, as appended (Appendix 1) to the report, and for it to be sent as a ‘notice of variation’ to all tenants of South Kesteven District Council (‘the Council’) in accordance with Section 103 of the Housing Act 1985.
2. To delegate authority to the Deputy Leader in consultation with the Interim Strategic Director, Growth to make any minor changes to the final document.
Reasons for decision:
1. The report of the Cabinet Member for Housing and Deputy Leader of the Council on the Council’s Tenancy Agreement
2. The current Tenancy Agreement no longer reflects the current needs of the housing services or the context in which social housing now operates
3. The new agreement uses references from the current Tenancy Agreement as well as other examples of good practice from various Local Authorities and Registered Providers
4. The consequence of the Cabinet not approving the varied tenancy agreement impacts on the Council’s ability to effectively enforce the tenancy agreement conditions
5. Comments of the Rural and Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Other options considered and rejected:
1. The alternative option would be to not update the current tenancy agreement.
Publication date: 10/12/2019
Date of decision: 10/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 10/12/2019 - Cabinet