Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Cabinet approves the Housing Strategy refresh.
2. Delegation be given to the Cabinet Member for Housing to make minor changes to the final document.
Reasons for decision:
1. The report of the Deputy Leader of the Council on the Council’s Housing Strategy refresh.
2. The draft Housing Strategy refresh allows the Council to make best use of Council stock; improve tenant involvement and enhance existing housing services.
3. A midterm review of the strategy was undertaken which identified some areas which need to be enhanced and as a result this document was produced.
4. Comments of the Rural and Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Other options considered and rejected:
The consequence of the Cabinet not approving the strategy impacts on the Council’s ability to effectively support its tenants.
Publication date: 22/01/2020
Date of decision: 21/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 21/01/2020 - Cabinet