Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That Cabinet approves the Customer Experience Strategy.
2. That Cabinet commissions the consultation for proposed changes to the Stamford and Market Deeping area offices.
Reasons for decision:
1. The report of the Cabinet Member for Communities and HR on the Council’s Customer Experience Strategy.
2. The strategy is a vital part of the transformation of the Council and sets out how the Council will deliver services in the future.
3. There is a need to create a modern, flexible customer experience, offering choice and delivering convenience to all customers, businesses and visitors. Services must maximise the use of all channels available and improve hours of accessibility by promoting self-service for all transactions. This will make it easy to do business with SKDC whilst actively supporting those most vulnerable.
4. Cabinet recognises that approximately 15 percent of the community need non-digital support including face to face and telephone contact.
5. Comments of the Rural and Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Other options considered and rejected:
The consequence of the Cabinet not approving the strategy impacts on the Council’s ability to effectively improve the customer experience.
Publication date: 21/01/2020
Date of decision: 21/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 21/01/2020 - Cabinet