Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Cabinet approves the Statement of Common Ground between South Kesteven District Council, Rutland County Council and Lincolnshire County Council regarding the planning arrangements to be established for the proposed development at Stamford North.
2. Cabinet delegates the making of any minor modifications that may be proposed by Rutland County Council or Lincolnshire County Council and the sign-off of the final, amended version of the document, to the Cabinet Member for Planning in consultation with the Chairman of the Finance, Economic Development and Corporate Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee and the Strategic Director, Growth.
Reasons for decision
1. The report of the Cabinet Member for Planning on the draft Statement of Common Ground and the draft statement attached as Appendix 1 to the report
2. The Stamford Capacity Study commissioned as part of the preparation of the South Kesteven Local Plan
3. The Duty to Co-operate set out in the Localism Act 2011, which amended the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
4. The Duty to Co-operate set out in the National Planning Policy Framework
5. The South Kesteven Local Plan that has been submitted to Government and was awaiting the outcome of inspection in public
6. The Rutland Consultative Draft Local Plan 2017
7. Comments made by the Finance, Economic Development and Corporate Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee at its meeting on 4 June 2019
8. Good practice from other authorities identified in support of the preparation of the draft Statement of Common Ground
9. South Kesteven District Council was the first of the authorities that were party to the Statement of Common Ground that had taken through its decision-making process
Other options considered and rejected
The Council could choose not to approve the Stamford North Statement of Common Ground. This was not recommended as it would have a detrimental impact on the Council’s responsibilities under the Duty to Co-operate and would inhibit the joint planning of a major proposed development in a co-ordinated way between the respective local authorities.
Publication date: 12/06/2019
Date of decision: 11/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 11/06/2019 - Cabinet