Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet recommends that the Council adopts the updated draft programme of meetings for 2020/21 at its next ordinary meeting on 16 July 2020 under the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
Considerations/Reasons for decision:
1. The report from the Chief Executive on the draft programme of meetings of the Council and its committees for 2020/21, attached at Appendix 1 to the report and the updated version of Appendix 1 circulated on 12 June 2020.
2. The list of changes to the draft programme of meetings following consultation with Councillors prior to the publication of the Cabinet agenda, as attached at Appendix 2 to the report.
3. The list outlining further changes to the draft programme of meetings based on additional feedback received following the publication of the Cabinet agenda (as set out in the supplementary documents circulated on 12 June 2020).
4. The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
5. To provide certainty for Members and transparency for members of the public around the dates on which meetings will be held.
Other options considered
To wait until the Annual Meeting of Council in September 2020 to adopt the programme of meetings. This option was rejected because the lack of an agreed programme could potentially limit transparency and accountability.
Publication date: 17/06/2020
Date of decision: 16/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 16/06/2020 - Cabinet