Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) Cabinet recommends to Council the approval of the Corporate Plan 2020-23 as attached at Appendix A to the Leader of the Council’s report.
2) Cabinet notes that the key performance indicators and success criteria for each action will be developed by the Overview and Scrutiny Committees and the Cabinet.
Considerations/Reason for decision:
Other options considered:
1. Do nothing – continue without a Corporate Plan – allocations within the annual budget would effectively set the strategy; there would be limited links to objectives, success criteria and performance targets.
2. Do minimum – develop an annual plan / business plan – this was rejected as it would inhibit long-term planning and focus more on deliverable activity in a single year, rather than any strategic goals.
3. Develop a single integrated Corporate Plan and Medium Term Financial Strategy – this was rejected due to the need for a revised budget mid-year because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Additionally, these documents are generally created separately in local authorities. The Corporate Plan sets the framework in which subsequent budgets are set.
Publication date: 09/09/2020
Date of decision: 08/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 08/09/2020 - Cabinet