Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Cabinet approves the award of the digitalisation and maintenance contracts to Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Ltd for a contract period of five years through a direct award from the Procurement for Housing framework.
2. That the total contract values in respect of the digitalisation and maintenance contracts is £500,000 and £780,000 respectively, totalling £1,280,000 over the five-year period.
Considerations/reasons for decision:
· Report from the Cabinet Member for Housing and Planning on the award of the contract for the annual sheltered housing telecare maintenance and digitalisation of telecare equipment.
· The Tunstall contract award notice, safeguarding policy 2020, equality policy statement, terms and conditions and business continuity overview appended to the report of the Cabinet Member for Housing and Planning.
· The 2025 end date by which BT expects to have changed all UK phone lines from analogue signalling to “IP Voice” which is an IP/digital connection.
· To deliver the alarm monitoring service, the equipment infrastructure requires upgrading in line with the digitalisation programme.
· The budget for the work was £125K per annum over a four-year period and was included within the Housing Revenue Account capital programme.
· Welland Procurement had confirmed that a direct award through the Procurement for Housing, Telecare and Telehealth Service Framework could be made.
· The annual alarm maintenance and monitoring service contract was also due for renewal and could be aligned with the digitalisation contract.
Other options considered:
As Tunstall infrastructure and equipment was already installed, it was possible to make a direct award rather than considering other options which would delay critical replacement and support to the telecommunications infrastructure and add additional costs. Due diligence and quality checks on Tunstall had already been carried out by the Procurement for Housing framework. Tunstall is a specialist in their field and top ranked.
The Tunstall systems are backward compatible and therefore the obsolete system could continue to work whilst the upgrade was underway.
Publication date: 14/10/2020
Date of decision: 13/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 13/10/2020 - Cabinet