Proposal: Erection of industrial unit (B2/B8) and associated car parking
Location: Holscot Industrial Linings Ltd, Alma Park Road, Grantham, NG31 9SE
Recommendation:That the application is approved conditionally
Location: Holscot Industrial Linings Ltd, Alma Park Road, Grantham
Decision: To approve the application
· No comments from SKDC’s Environmental Protection Services
· No archaeological comments from Heritage Lincolnshire
· Comments from Londonthorpe and Harrowby Without Parish Council
· A request for further details from Lincolnshire County Council Highways and SUDS Support
· Comments from Anglian Water Services
· No objection by the Conservation Officer subject to a condition
· No comments from Historic England
· No representations received as a result of public consultation
· Provisions within the National Planning Policy Framework and the South Kesteven Core Strategy and supplementary planning documents
· Site visit observations
· Comments made by members at the meeting
Following discussion by Members it was proposed, seconded and agreed that the application be approved for the summary of reasons set out in the case officer’s report and subject also to the following conditions:
Time Limit for Commencement
1 The development hereby permitted shall be commenced before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following list of approved plans:
i. Location Plan drawing no. HOL/19/LOC/011 received 10 July 2019
ii. Block Plan drawing no. HOL/19/BL/014 received 10 July 2019
iii. Floor Plan drawing no. HOL/19/PL/012 received 10 July 2019
iv. Elevation Plan drawing no. HOL/19/EL/013 received 10 July 2019
Unless otherwise required by another condition of this permission.
During building works
3 The permitted development shall be undertaken in accordance with a surface water drainage scheme which shall first have been approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
The scheme shall:
- be based on sustainable drainage principles and an assessment of the hydrological and hydrogeological context of the development;
- provide details of how run-off will be safely conveyed and attenuated during storms up to and including the 1 in 100-year critical storm event, with an allowance for climate change, from all hard surfaced areas within the development into the existing local drainage infrastructure and watercourse system without exceeding the run-off rate for the undeveloped site;
- provide attenuation details and discharge rates which shall be restricted to 5 litres per second;
- provide details of the timetable for and any phasing of implementation for the drainage scheme; and
- provide details of how the scheme shall be maintained and managed over the lifetime of the development, including any arrangements for adoption by any public body or Statutory Undertaker and any other arrangements required to secure the operation of the drainage system throughout its lifetime.
No part of the development shall be brought into use until the approved scheme has been completed or provided on the site in accordance with the approved phasing. The approved scheme shall be retained and maintained in full, in accordance with the approved details.
4 Before any construction work above ground is commenced, details of any soft landscaping works shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Details shall include:
i. planting plans;
ii. written specifications (including cultivation and other operations associated with plant and grass establishment);
iii. schedules of plants, noting species, plant sizes and proposed numbers/densities where appropriate;
5 Before any of the works on the external elevations for the building(s) hereby permitted are begun, samples of the materials (including colour of any render, paintwork or colourwash) to be used in the construction of the external surfaces shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
Before the Development is Occupied
6 Following the development hereby permitted first being brought into use, the vehicle parking and turning areas shall have been completed in accordance with approved drawing no. HOL/19/BL/014 received 10 July 2019; and shall not be used for any purpose other than for the parking and turning of vehicles and motorcycles in association with the business operation.
7 Before the end of the first planting/seeding season following the first use of any part of the development hereby permitted, all soft landscape works shall have been carried out in accordance with the approved soft landscaping details.
8 Before any part of the development hereby permitted is brought into use, the external surfaces shall have been completed in accordance with the approved details.
9 Within a period of five years from the first occupation of the final dwelling/unit of the development hereby permitted, any trees or plants provided as part of the approved soft landscaping scheme, that die or become, in the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, seriously damaged or defective, shall be replaced in the first planting season following any such loss with a specimen of the same size and species as was approved in condition 4 above unless otherwise agreed by the Local Planning Authority.