Proposal: Reserved matters application for 384 dwellings and associated infrastructure pursuant to SK.94/0125/12
Location: Land at Elsea Park, Bourne - Zone 8
Recommendation: To approve the application subject to conditions
Reserved matters application for 384 dwellings and associated infrastructure pursuant to SK.94/0125/12
Land at Elsea Park, Bourne - Zone 8
Noting comments made during the public speaking session by:
Against: Julian Gray
Applicant/Applicant’s Agent: Charlotte Henson
· Provisions within the National Planning Policy Framework, the South Kesteven Local Plan and supplementary planning documents
• Comments from Lincolnshire County Council Highways and SuDS Support
• Comments from the SKDC Affordable Housing Officer
• No comments to make from Anglian Water Services
• No objections and comments from Crime Prevention Design Advisor
• Comments from the Environment Agency
• Comments from the SKDC Environmental Protection Services
• No objection and an informative comment from Cadent Gas Limited
• Comments from the Welland and Deeping Internal Drainage Board
• No comments to make Natural England
• Comments raised from representations as a result of publicity
• Site visit observations
• The additional information report published on 22 June 2020 and officer comment thereon
• Comments made by Members at the meeting
During the meeting the issue of residents being informed of the results from the land survey in the Harvey Close area was raised. A request was made for the case officer to email residents with an update.
Action point: The case officer to email residents with an update in respect of the land survey in the Harvey Close area.
During an in-depth debate Members wished to have the following points noted:
• Concern around the potential use of grass verges being used for parking and how this could be alleviated
• Who would be responsible for maintaining the grass verges
• What measures were included to reduce the carbon footprint and whether future reports should include a paragraph on the carbon footprint implications and outline what mitigation would be put in place
· Whether electric points for cars would be situated around the site and if not, could they be included
• What the tipping point was in respect of the potential extra traffic on the A15 before improvements on the A15 would be considered and undertaken
· Whether the site operation hours would be included in the conditions, with the request that the hours of operation be restricted between 8.00am and 6.00pm
It was proposed, seconded and agreed that the application be approved for the summary of reasons set out in the case officer’s report together with the following conditions:
Councillor Rosemary Kaberry-Brown was unable to take part in the vote due to network connectivity issues.
1 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following list of approved plans:
i. Layout Plan drawing no. H8065-101 Rev F
ii. Phasing Plan drawing no. H8065/13
iii. House types: Alderney (Detached) Rev E; Alnmouth (Detached) Rev E; Ascot (Detached); Denby (Detached); Ennerdale (Detached) Rev E; Haversham (End Terrace); Haversham (Mid Terrace) Rev D; Kenley (Mid Terrace) Rev E; Kenley (End Terrace); Kingsley; Kingsville(End Terrace) Rev E; Lutterworth (Detached) Rev A; Maidstone (End Gable) Rev F; Maidstone (End Hipped) Rev A; Maidstone (Mid Terrace) Rev F; Moresby (End Terrace) Rev D; Radleigh (Detached); Ripon (Detached); Brentford-Haversham Hipped Corner Turner Rev NM06/NM05; Type 58 & Type 59 Rev A; Type 50 (End Hipped); Type 50 (Mid Terrace) Rev D; Type 52 (End Hipped); Type 52 (Mid Terrace) Rev C; Type 54 (End Hipped); Type 6B; Abbeydale (Detached) Rev B; Archford (End Gable Terrace); Archford (Hipped End Terrace) Rev B; Avondale (Detached) Rev A; Chelworth (Detached) Rev B; Drummond (Detached) Rev C; Greenwood (Gable End Terrace) Rev A; Hadley (Detached) Rev A; Hadley (End Terrace); Henley (Detached) Rev A; Holden Rev C; Hollinwood; Ingleby; Wilford (Gable End Terrace); Wilford (Hipped End Terrace) Rev C; Wilford (Mid Terrace) Rev A; Type 50 (Hipped End Terrace); Type 50 (Mid Terrace) Rev C; Type 52 (Hipped End Terrace); Type 52 (Mid Terrace) Rev D; Type 58 / Type 59 (Hipped End Terrace)
iv.Garage drawing nos. LDG1H8; LSG1H8; LTG2H8; SDG2H8; SSG1H8
v. Boundary treatments drawing nos: NM-SD13-013; 2010/DET/207; 2010/DET/213; 2010/DET/226; 2010/DET/500; 2020/DET/501
vi.Sub-station drawing no: GTC-E-SS-0012 Rev R1-8
Unless otherwise required by another condition of this permission.
Before the Development is Commenced
2 No development shall take place until a Construction Management Plan and Method Statement has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority which shall indicate measures to mitigate against traffic generation and drainage of the site during the construction stage of the proposed development.
The Construction Management Plan and Method Statement shall include:
· phasing of the development to include access construction;
· site operating hours;
· the parking of vehicles of site operatives and visitors;
· loading and unloading of plant and materials;
· storage of plant and materials used in constructing the development;
· wheel washing facilities;
· the routes of construction traffic to and from the site including any off- site routes for the disposal of excavated material and;
· strategy stating how surface water run off on and from the development will be managed during construction and protection measures for any sustainable drainage features. This should include drawing(s) showing how the drainage systems (permanent or temporary) connect to an outfall (temporary or permanent) during construction.
The Construction Management Plan and Method Statement shall be strictly adhered to throughout the construction period.
During Building Works
3 Before any development on phase 2 of the approved phasing plan (drawing no. H8065/13) is commenced, a noise assessment based on the operational noise levels from the 3G pitch in zone 9 must be carried out and submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval and shall include details of any necessary noise mitigation measures.
The development must be carried out in accordance with any such approved noise mitigation measures.
4 Before any development in phase 2 of the development hereby permitted is commenced, a plan indicating the height, position, design, material and type of any fencing and associated safety devices around Willow Pond shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
5 Before any development in each phase is commenced, a scheme for biodiversity mitigation and enhancement for that phase must have been submitted to and agreed in writing by the local planning authority. The scheme shall be based upon the recommendations of the following surveys submitted with this application:
- Hedgerow Assessment
- Breeding Bird Survey
- Great Crested Newt Survey
- Bat Roost Assessment
The scheme shall include a plan identifying the location of any mitigation and enhancement measures, along with a detailed schedule (and technical details as relevant) for each of the measures proposed. The required biodiversity mitigation and enhancement measures shall be completed in full, in accordance with the agreed scheme, prior to the first occupation of any dwelling for that phase.
6 Notwithstanding the submitted details, before any development above ground level in each phase is commenced, details of the soft and hard landscaping to be used for the dwellings and public areas in that phase shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The soft landscaping details should follow the principles shown on the landscaping and character plan drawing no. GL1294 01C. Details must include:
i. planting plans;
ii. written specifications (including cultivation and other operations associated with plant and grass establishment);
iii. schedules of plants, noting species, plant sizes and proposed numbers/densities where appropriate;
v.car parking layouts;
vi.hard surfacing materials;
vii.cycle and footpath construction details, including any lighting.
7 Notwithstanding the submitted details, before any of the works on the external elevations of the dwellings in each phase are begun, details of the materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces for the dwellings in that phase shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Details must include:
- Facing brickwork, stonework and/or any render to be used;
- Roof tiles;
- Finish of verges and eaves.
8 The development hereby approved shall be carried out in accordance with the recommendations contained within the following reports:
- Phase I and II Geo-Environmental Investigation reference GML18256/2/2 dated November 2019 and the Addendum Note in Relation to Ground Gas Assessments at Zone 8, Elsea Park, Bourne, reference GML18256, dated 17 June 2020
9 Before any development above ground level in each phase is commenced, details demonstrating how the development would mitigate against and adapt to climate change must have been submitted and approved by the Local Planning Authority.
The approved sustainable building measures shall be completed in full, in accordance with the agreed scheme, prior to the occupation of the dwellings hereby permitted.
10 The development must be carried out in accordance with the order shown on the approved phasing plan (drawing no. H8065/13).
Before the Development is Occupied
11 No dwelling shall be occupied until details of the timetable for and any phasing of the implementation for the drainage scheme have been submitted and approved by the Local Planning Authority. The drainage scheme shall be implemented in strict accordance with any such details as may be approved.
12 Before each dwelling hereby approved is occupied, all on-plot landscaping works shall have been carried out in accordance with the approved landscaping details.
13 Before each dwelling hereby permitted is occupied, the external elevations for that dwelling must have been completed in accordance with the approved details.
14 Before the end of the first planting/seeding season following the final occupation of each phase of the development hereby permitted the soft landscape works for that phase including landscaping works for the public areas shall have been carried out in accordance with the approved landscaping details.
15 Before any part of the development hereby permitted is occupied/ brought into use a verification report, confirming that remedial works for that plot or part of the site have been completed, shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The report shall have been submitted by the nominated competent person and include:
i. A complete record of remediation activities, and data collected as identified in the remediation scheme, to support compliance with agreed remediation objectives;
ii. As built drawings of the implemented scheme;
iii.Photographs of the remediation works in progress; and
iv. Certificates demonstrating that imported and/or material left in situ is free from contamination.
The scheme of remediation shall thereafter be maintained in accordance with the approved scheme.
16 Before any dwelling is occupied, all of that part of the estate road and associated footways that forms the junction with the main road and which will be constructed within the limits of the existing highway, shall be laid out and constructed to finished surface levels in accordance with details to be submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Local Planning Authority.
17 Before any dwelling in phase 2 of the development hereby permitted is occupied, any required fencing and associated safety devices around Willow Pond must have been completed in accordance with the approved details.
18 Within a period of five years from the first occupation of the final dwelling of the development hereby permitted, any trees or plants provided as part of the approved soft landscaping scheme, that die or become, in the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, seriously damaged or defective, shall be replaced in the first planting season following any such loss with a specimen of the same size and species as approved.
19 If, during development, contamination not previously identified is found to be present at the site then no further development (unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority) shall be carried out until a remediation strategy detailing how this contamination will be dealt with has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The remediation strategy shall be implemented as approved.
Councillor Louise Clack left the meeting at 12:09.
The meeting adjourned at 12:09 and reconvened at 12:30.