Site clearance of 5 dwellings and greenery of the frontage on to Stonebridge Road, including creating a new temporary vehicular access on to site. Works will involve the removal of trees along the frontage and access to the site
28-36 Stonebridge Road, Grantham, NG31 9AR
Approval subject to conditions
Proposal: Site clearance of 5 dwellings and greenery of the frontage on to Stonebridge Road, including creating a new temporary vehicular access on to site. Works will involve the removal of trees along the frontage and access to the site.
Location: 28-36 Stonebridge Road, Grantham, NG31 9AR
Decision: Approved subject to conditions
· Provisions within the National Planning Policy Framework, the South Kesteven Local Plan and supplementary planning documents
· Comments from the SKDC’s Arboriculturalist
· Comments from the Historic Building Advisors
· Comments from Environmental Protection
· Comments from Lincolnshire County Council Highways and SUDS Support
· Representations received as a result of public consultation
· The additional information report published on 7 December 2020 and officer comment thereon
· Comments from the SKDC Conservation Officer
· Comments made by Members at the meeting
Members discussed the green street scene; what trees had TPOs and whether removing all the vegetation at this time of year would inhibit the retention of vegetation and trees that should be preserved in a conservation area; Safety arrangements were queried, it was important to ensure the safety of pupils and pedestrians as it would be near an extremely busy road especially at peak times.
The Chairman noted his appreciation for the work undertaken by Councillor Charmaine Morgan to establish the St Anne’s Area of Grantham as a conservation area.
It was proposed, seconded and agreed that the application be approved for the summary of reasons set out in the case officer’s report together with the following conditions:
Time Limit for Commencement
1) The works hereby consented shall be commenced before the expiration of three years from the date of this consent.
2) The works hereby consented shall be carried out in accordance with the following list of approved plans:
· Grantham Stonebridge House location Plan (Received on 14 September 2020)
Unless otherwise required by another condition of this permission.
Before the Development is Commenced
3) The development hereby permitted shall be undertaken in accordance with a Demolition Management Plan and Method Statement which shall first be approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
The Demolition Management Plan and Method Statement shall indicate measures for the safe movement of vehicles and materials onto and off the site and shall include;
a) phasing of the works, including the access position and its construction;
b) the parking of vehicles of site operatives and visitors off the public highway;
c) loading and unloading of plant and materials;
d) storage of plant and materials; and
e) wheel washing facilities.
During Building Works
4) Depending upon the age of the building(s), building structures may contain asbestos containing building materials, which requires an assessment as to whether the building(s) has asbestos containing materials prior to demolition.
If asbestos is identified, a scheme to address the management and/or safe disposal of asbestos and asbestos containing materials must be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The scheme shall include details of;
a) an asbestos identification survey by a qualified contractor;
b) measures to be adopted to protect human health; and
c) the preferred asbestos disposal route, unless the local planning authority dispenses with any such requirement specifically in writing.
The works shall be carried out in accordance with the approved scheme.