To note the actions from the 10 November 2020 meeting of the Committee
The Chairman referred to Item 19 on the Action Sheet regarding a charge over the investments and assets in the Council’s companies and noted that although the progress was marked as completed, it was ongoing. Clarification on the current position was sought from the Monitoring Officer.
The Monitoring Officer referred to a previous meeting where the Chairman had queried what protection was in place for the Council’s investments and assets in the Council’s companies. External legal advice had been taken and work was in hand to establish what assets and loans were in the Council’s Companies and whether it was proportionate to apply a charge to those assets. Further information would be provided in a report at the next meeting of this Committee.
ACTION POINT 2
That a report on the outcomes of the work undertaken regarding the protection of the Council’s assets and investments in the Council’s Companies would be presented to the next meeting of this Committee.
Item 23 – A Rent Guarantee Scheme. It was suggested that this item be brought to the mid-year Committee.
ACTION POINT 3
That further consideration is given to the Council’s role in respect of the Rent Guarantee Scheme at the mid-year Committee.
Item 24 – Invest to Save, it was noted that the interpretation of the action was slightly different from what had been proposed by the Chairman and Vice Chairman in so far as, a report that defined how the Invest to Save should report back to Committee would be presented to the mid-year Committee.
ACTION POINT 4
That the Committee receives a report defining how the Invest to Save should report to Committee at the mid-year meeting.
Item 25 – The impact of Brexit which had been assigned to the Chairman and Vice-Chairman. It was felt that it was too early to understand the impact of Brexit especially as it had been complicated by the impact of COVID-19 and would be impossible to separate the issues at this time. It was therefore, suggested, that this should be considered nearer the end of the year or early next year along with a report that provided some understanding of the impact of COVID-19.
ACTION POINT 5
That the Committee receives a report on the impact of Brexit together with a separate report on the impact of COVID-19 at the end of the year or the beginning of 2022.
In response to a Member’s query about Item 21 of the action notes regarding the recommendation to Council to abolish the Deepings Special Expense Area, the Interim Director of Finance confirmed that this was part of the Budget Proposals that would go before Council on 1 March 2021.
Councillor Morgan joined the meeting at 10.40.
Item 23 – The breakdown of grant payments in wards, clarification was sought on whether it was possible to have information for the areas. The Interim Director of Finance confirmed that it would not be possible by ward postcode due to the way the information was retained. He noted that Government had requested that information on provision of grants was available by MP Constituency area. He also noted that the information could potentially be provided geographically by town or village.
ACTION POINT 6
That the District Councillors for the Deepings area are provided with a breakdown of grant payments made in the villages and towns in their area.