That the Annual Position Statement and accompanying Engagement Statement be approved for submission to the Planning Inspectorate by the deadline of 31July 2021.
Details of Decision
The report sets out the proposed submission of the Annual Position Statement to the Planning Inspectorate with the purpose of fixing the District’s 5 year housing land supply.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
To not submit the final Annual Position Statement to the Planning Inspectorate by the Government imposed deadline of 31 July 2021.
Reason for Decision:
Submission of the Annual Position Statement to the Planning Inspectorate is the recommended approach because:
- The Council is confident that a 5 year housing land supply has been demonstrated;
- The Government’s Planning Advisory Service has provided support and feedback which has been considered whilst preparing the Annual Position Statement.
- If approved by the Planning Inspectorate, South Kesteven’s 5 year housing land supply will be fixed for 1 year;
- If the Annual Position Statement is simply published on the Council’s website but not submitted to the Planning Inspectorate and approved, the Council’s 5 year housing land supply will be subject to potentially costly planning appeals;
- If the 2021 Annual Position Statement is approved by Planning Inspectorate, the Council will be eligible to submit an Annual Position Statement in 2022, and fix its 5 year housing land supply for another year. If an Annual Position Statement is not submitted this year, the Council will not be eligible to submit Annual Position Statements or fix its 5 year housing land supply in subsequent years.
Conflicts of Interest: (Any conflict of interest declared by any other Cabinet Member consulted in relation to the decision to be recorded).
Decision taken by:
Councillor Nick Robins, Cabinet Member for Planning and Planning Policy
Date of Decision: 22 July 2021
Date of Publication of Record of Decision: 22 July 2021
Date Decision Effective: (i.e 5 days after the date of publication of record of decision unless subject to call-in by the Community DSP Chairman or any 5 members of the Council from any political groups): 30 July 2021
Decision type: Key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 22/07/2021
Decision due: 26 July 2021 by Cabinet Member for Planning & Planning Policy
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Planning & Planning Policy
Lead director: Director of Growth & Culture
Contact: Director of Growth & Culture.